Re: IETF Last Call conclusion for draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08

On 31/03/2017 07:19, 神明達哉 wrote:
> At Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:52:41 -0500,
> Robert Raszuk <robert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ok so till a new document updates 2460bis any further work on EHs is frozen
>> as it would reference 2460bis with new text. That was my main point.
>
> I don't get the logic...an "update" can start immediately once such a
> draft new proposal is available.  The update won't be formally
> completed until it gets some formal state like a standard track RFC,
> and it will take time, but that wouldn't necessarily mean a further
> work is "frozen";

Exactly. At this time the *quickest* way forward is to get 2460bis through
the IESG, progress the -extension-header-insertion draft ASAP, and in due
time do an early assignment request for draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header

If you try that early assignment request today, it seems likely to fail.

   Brian