Re: More haste, less speed.

On 3/6/2017 8:27 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
Specifications are moving through IETF faster than ever. Rarely is the question asked, is this actually a good thing.

FWIW, I have been a proponent of "less is more". The forest of RFCs we publish don't help implementers find what's important, and many often conflict with each other (even within the BCP and standards-track).

Documents in last call should, IMO, need sufficient positive support to move forward. Even after a WG has adopted a doc, we should still be able to say "no" to a doc, not just "no objection".

Joe