Re: Adding IPv10 to the IETF 98 Agenda.

On 07/03/17 15:58, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 03:42:57PM +0000, Stewart Bryant wrote:
>> It might be interesting to have a wild ideas slot in the form of a series of
>> 10 mins
>> talks.
>
> That sounds like a lightning-talks session.  I wonder whether the
> plenary would be a good venue for that, or whether that would be too
> large an audience?  We might not have to do it every time, but perhaps
> this is a suggestion for the IAB technical plenary program to
> consider.  What do people think?

Not the plenary. Too big an audience for less well developed
ideas, and too scary for many presenters. (And, at a plenary,
there would always be someone excited by any random talk, so
a smaller set of listeners may actually be beneficial for QA
reasons.)

Yes to the idea that the IAB (or IESG) could try a session like
this a couple of times and see how it goes. Put it in a small
room during the normal daytime in parallel with other stuff
and see what happens.

There would need to be a programme ctte or some rules as to
how one gets a slot. If the latter, then I don't like FCFS
as we'd end up with the same presenters too many times if I
know us:-)

S.