Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08.txt> (Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification) to Internet Standard

Hi Fernando,

First let me say that I though Ole's summary was fair. One comment below:

On 10/02/2017 10:30, Fernando Gont wrote:
> On 02/09/2017 07:36 AM, otroan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Fernando,
>>
>> Pete asked me to summarize the objections to option 1 - banning header insertion explicitly.
>> I responded with the set of objections I've heard for all options, as I couldn't see a straightforward way of only summarising for option 1.
>>
>> I don't understand your message.
>> Do you disagree with the summary itself? Are there arguments missing?
>> Or is your grief that the I have distilled the arguments wrongly or put them in a bad light?
>>
>> Or are you just rehashing your position on the issue?
>
> I think that some points are not as clear as they should be:
>
> 1) The current state of affairs with respect to IPv6 EH insertion is
> that insertion is forbidden. It has always been clear to everyone.

I don't think it has. In fact, that's the whole point: some people
have *not* deduced that rule from the RFC2460/RFC1883 wording.

   Brian