Re: If Muslims are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

On 1/29/17 9:03 PM, Roni Even wrote:
> We  should be active in selecting meeting venues and if people are
> banned from traveling to the USA or any other country, it may not be
> a meeting location based on
> draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process

One thing that came out of the discussions about IETF 100 is that
it may be the case that the IAOC meeting committee members may
simply not be aware of local issues excluding different IETF
demographics.  This is a serious problem, so one of the goals is to
make sure that there's a process in place that allows for IETF
participants to know ahead of time which venues are under
consideration and to provide feedback to the meetings
committee.  I believe the situation is not that it's okay
with the meetings committee to exclude GLBT people, or Israelis,
or any other group, but that they (for whatever reason) simply
aren't aware of some of these problems.

Personally, I think we need to reduce our dependence on
in-person participation and do a better job on remote meetings
and remote participation.  But that's another topic for another
mailing list.

Melinda