Same thought. You are welcome

kalilou DAMA
Consultant
Lawyer & Business Advisor
Image en ligne

phone +223 66 74 88 07
03 BP 237 Bamako - MALI

Le Mercredi 21 septembre 2016 20h40, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I agree with Barry and Joel on their suggestions.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 2:22 AM, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/19/16 7:48 PM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
>> This coordination issue with other organisations related to standards
>> is very important and affects pretty much our work, I suggest that the
>> General Area opens a WG for this important coordination, many
>> information are needed to be documented and focused on. IMHO, getting
>> information about contacts will help each IETF WG separately, but what
>> about the decisions for the whole IETF coordination with other SDOs
>> especially when we get more deep in future. Having contacts between
>> managers in SDOs is good start but usually in IETF our managers
>> decisions reform after looking into the IETF WG ideas and decisions.
>> Therefore, my suggestion is opening a discussion of why not future
>> coordination through WG? or is it right time? or do we need a new
>> work-process?
>>
>> I don't know the answers, does any one know?
>
> you should take a look at rfc 4052

And for IEEE in particular, at RFC 7241.

Barry

I'd note that the other SDOs that the IETF cooperated well with, while I was still on the IAB and responsible for paying more attention to liaison relationships in general, tended to be fairly open for individual participation, and/or had participants who also participated in IETF.

If neither of those conditions holds, things get harder.

But this thread would be a good conversation to have with the IAB, who is chartered with liaison oversight in RFC 2850, and have their own liaison coordination program (details at https://www.iab.org/activities/programs/iab-liaison-coordination-program/). I'd start there, if I had ideas about IETF liaisons.

Spencer, speaking as a *former* IAB member