Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 19:20, Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Maybe we need to move to a system of ballot, where people who want to stay at the main hotel out their name in a hat, and the lucky ones get their name pulled out and thus first call on that hotel.
>
> The way it works at the moment seems to be that if you are lucky enough to be doing an email check at the right time and book at once you are OK, otherwise you miss out

It is heavily timezone/location dependent. This announcement would not have been good timing for Europeans; a 10pm announcement and all places gone by the morning. It seems it’s now common for all rooms (however many were actually available to regular punters) to go in a few hours. As it happens I got lucky due to working late.

Tim