Re: 10 a.m.

Hi,

> On 11 Jul 2016, at 19:07, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I have some personal opinions about these things, but ultimately, what does the community want to do?

Can we make sure this question is asked explicitly in the post-meeting survey? That would allow feedback to be collated in an efficient way.

I’d just add a data point on overall meeting time, comparing Berlin to the previous two European meetings:

Berlin (July 2016)

Mon 10.00am - 8.00pm
Tue 10.00am - 6.20pm
Wed 10.00am - 8.10pm
Thu 10.00am - 7.30pm
Fri 10.00am - 1.20pm

Prague (July 2015)

Mon 9.00am - 7.50pm (+50 mins)
Tue 9.30am - 6.40pm (+50 mins)
Wed 9.00am - 7.40pm (+30 mins)
Thu 9.00am - 7.10pm (+40 mins)
Fri 9.00am - 1.20pm (+60 mins)

So Prague had 3 hours and 50 minutes extra session time, but two plenaries.

London (March 2014)

Mon 9.00am - 7.50pm (+50 mins)
Tue 9.00am - 6.40pm (+50 mins)
Wed 9.00am - 8.20pm (+70 mins)
Thu 9.00am - 8.40pm (+130 mins)
Fri 9.00am - 1.20pm (+60 mins)

And London had 6 hours extra session time, but also an extra plenary.

So we do seem to have cut down on overall meeting time by shifting to a 10am start, having not recovered the time ‘lost’ to one plenary. And our meeting has 6 hours less session time than we had in London for IETF 89.  (And that is a Friday’s worth…)

Tim