RE: Proposed IESG Statement on IPR Declarations

AFAICS the only new material is in the final paragraph, although the last sentence is also apparently not new.

I would advise the IESG to not make a statement in parallel to BCP 79 since alternative wording of the same material will create rather than remove ambiguity. Say new things if they need to be said; revise BCP 79 if it needs to be revised; but don't make statements that look like they are "talking for the sake of talking."

Adrian