Re: Last Call: <draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-12.txt> (Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to Best Current Practice

I just find it fascinating and disturbing that at least two respected
IETF participants think it's perfectly fine to leave stale references
around, especially when it's trivially easy to fix them -- in the vast
majority of cases taking but one sentence in the IANA Considerations.
I'm simply flabbergasted.  This isn't "useless hoops"; it's simple and
sensible updates that rarely take any effort.

Barry