Re: Last Call: <draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-12.txt> (Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to Best Current Practice

…

> The issue iirc is that if say RFCxxxx is obsoleting RFCyyyy
> must the IANA considerations in RFCxxxx say that all the
> registries that used point at RFCyyyy need to be updated to
> point at RFCxxxx? I don't think that needs to be done (but
> it can be done). I think Barry's position, and the text of
> the 5226bis draft say that it has to be done.

seems like a good make-work requirement with little actual benefit

of course, if the details of the registry changed with the replacement RFC that is a different case

Scott