RE: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

I think it is unreasonable to set the bar at MUST have long term significant spike in participation from a region after a single meeting being held there. Without taking a position on whether meetings should be held in particular locations, if the goal is to garner participation from a wider geographic constituency then IETF needs to plan and invest to make that happen beyond simply holding a single meeting in the region.

> >      I do note that many of our regular participants found BA to be
> > simply too much (by whatever measures they use) and chose not to come.
> > That is an observed cost that also must be factored in.
>
> That drop in attendance, and overall lower attendance, are significant for
> other reasons, but, at least to me, further raise  the bar for "going to this new
> place will help the IETF"
> arguments.

That is a different but related discussion.