Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

On Wed, 25 May 2016, nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> >Perhaps we should regard this as an opportunity to talk
>> >about which forms of bigotry we'll accommodate and which
>> >we won't.

>> Well said.

>In an ideal world, there would be no travel costs, no visa barriers,
>no discrimination and no bureaucracies to deal with. We don't live
>in such a world. Until we do, this isn't a matter of what type of
>bigotry is worse or better IMO, it's about making practical choices
>about meeting locations (assuming we still want to have physical
>meetings). Every meeting we hold excludes some number of people for
>numerous reasons, hopefully it's not the same people every time.

Sure.  I am OK with that.  Share the burden of being inconvenienced and work together for the common goal.

I actually prefer the word "unfairness" or "inconvenience" to the word "bigotry".  But, I think it FEELS like bigotry to some people so I was validating Melinda's feelings.  (Sorry, I am from Northern California and processing feelings for hours on end is the local sport.)

Nalini