The ecosystem is moving

A very interesting paper (I said "intesresting", I didn't say I
agree!) on open networks where independant nodes with independently
developed programs interoperate thanks to standards. The author claims
closed and centralized systemes are better, because they allow faster
evolution (he uses security as an example).

Many IETF cases mentioned (XMPP, IPv6, email...)

https://whispersystems.org/blog/the-ecosystem-is-moving/