Re: Qualifying for NomCom

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016, 11:08 Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are some issues here.   First, who can challenge a nomcom volunteer's elegibility?

Anyone, I think. RFC7437 talks about it.

  Second, what process is followed if their eligibility is challenged?

I think that's unspecified; the Chair just has to resolve the issue somehow.

  This actually seems a lot harder than some of the other proposals that were put forth, which simply extended eligibility of the same type to more IETF participants, rather than creating two classes of IETF participants.

Anything more specific seems to create a lot of burden for the a chair who has to manually vet every applicant in terms of their contributions (which, I bet, I'd at least as painful as determining consensus on something), and it can introduce bias. Putting that burden on the community instead seems a better approach.

-MSK