Re: A distinction along Pete's dimensions

>   So when a new country or city is being considered -- and by new, I think I mean 'we have never been there', but perhaps we need to leave room for reconsideration of previously-visited places? -- we float the general countries and maybe cities to the community and wait for support and objections.
>

> Whatever criteria the community chooses to apply at that time are the relevant criteria.  No theory or modeling or documentation or even consistency -- and especially no guessing and no errors by an anointed body -- are required.

This would certainly work for me. There is obviously the question of calling what the result of the community discussion is, but I would view the community discussion as informing the decision by the meetings committee and the IAOC, i.e., the purpose of the crowdsourcing is to uncover issues that a smaller set of people might not catch, and then we have a better basis for the final decision.

(Speaking personally, not representing IAOC or other opinions.)

Jari