Re: Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

re section 3.5 mid-term vacancies

please hold off on this particular section for a bit - I am in the middle of proposing some changes
to the ISOC bylaws - mostly to clear up some confusions - and one of these changes concerns IETF vacancy appointments

the current bylaws do not limit when the IETF can appoint someone to fill a vacancy but do limit when such an
appointment can take office to the start of the ISOC mid year meeting, when all new trustees take office - which might
be a bit frustrating to the appointee

I am proposing a bylaws update that will put the IETF appointment t fill a vacancy to be the same
as it is for the chapters & org members - with until the next appointment cycle (to do otherwise
provided unequal treatment for the IETF)

in any case some change is needed to clarify the existing situation

Scott