Re: draft-klensin-iaoc-member-01

On 19/02/2016 19:22, Jari Arkko wrote:
> Andrew, Michael,
>
> Up-leveling your discussion a bit.
>
> John had suggested a comprehensive review, and I think he has a point.
>
> Figure out what works and what doesn’t, identify problems that exist.

I think that is a very important step. The IASA/IAOC itself came out of
a careful problem analysis and a long debate. While I doubt if we need
to go that far (https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/problem/charter/),
a problem analysis that those interested agree on would be a good start.
Maybe on its own list to avoid distracting several thousand people here?

(Incidentally the archive of the problem WG list seems to have gone missing;
all I can find in the IETF archive is carefully archived spam.)

   Brian

> From my perspective, the IAOC setup and membership has been quite stable, so I’m not sure it is a problem. Of course, if we make
a change, we shouldn’t make it unstable either, but I don’t see any such proposals on the table.