Re: [codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10.txt> (Ogg Encapsulation for the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

See below:

On 2/2/16, 14:26, "codec on behalf of Timothy B. Terriberry" <codec-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of tterribe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>[…]
>
>We are able and willing. If adding an additional boilerplate text block
>is not the way to go about it (and I have no particular ties to that
>solution, we were simply doing what had been done before with RFC 6716),
>what should we do?

Take the text, minus RFC boilerplate and formatting, and publish it wherever and however you want, but not in a form that could be confused with an RFC.  That’s a least my recollection of the spirit of the discussions we had when deliberating RFC 5377.  At the time, my recollection of the consensus was that we specifically DID NOT want to give open source folks the option to take an RFC and “run with it”.  Debian and its requirements were specifically mentioned then.

Stephan