Re: xml2rfc as a requirement for authors?

Hmmm, I don’t see xml2rfc as a trend to become a requirement for authors for creating I-Ds, or even RFCs. That is definitely not the intent of the RFC Editor’s modernization plans. Even among the members of the rfc-design team, there are a number that regularly use markdown (in some form) for their own I-Ds, for example. I think there will always be a plethora of tools available for authors to use for creating I-Ds.

	Tony Hansen