Re: IETF hotel selection mode and a proposal (was" Re: Hilton BA is Booked already?)

On 17/12/15 16:21, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> Hopefully "perk" is not quite the intended word, but "necessary
> convenience" might serve better. Although... How many IESG breakfasts
> were there in Prague?

I think 3 incl. Sunday, but with a bunch of ADs at another brekkie
thing one of the days (taking advantage of a cancelled IESG brekkie).

> And, as a member of NomCom I had breakfast meetings every day of the
> week in Yokohama, but no preferential treatment.

Yeah, that seemed unfairish to me too.

> I agree that the I* needs to be around the meeting venue. The
> Secretariat even more so.
>
> But it wold be  useful thought experiment for them all to examine how
> their weeks would be different if they had a 20 minute walk each way
> each day.

Actually, the end of day in the meeting hotel is often more useful
I think for bumping into I* folks after dinner. Or maybe I just
hang around bars a lot:-)