Re: IETF hotel selection mode and a proposal (was" Re: Hilton BA is Booked already?)

First meeting for IAB/IESG members during IETF week is 8am, possibly earlier.

My first meeting I have to be at is 9am on some days of the week.

Sure, I might arrange a breakfast meeting etc. But there is a big
difference between a meeting I arrange at my convenience where I
expect four or five people to be at and one that is set by others and
will have two dozen people discussing something that is complex and
not necessarily my stuff.

I am all for greater openness and accountability in IETF. But the
starting point for that would be recognizing that we do actually have
a membership and officeholders should be accountable to it rather than
petty attempts to strip officeholders of the only perk they get for
doing the jobs.