Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

On 17 Dec 2015, at 8:12, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> URI RR can not be used by applications without URL specifications,
> whereas SRV can be used by any applications using hostnames (and
> having IANA registered (or, well known?) service name).

If you as an application query for a specific service, you should be prepared to receive all URI schemes that can be used for that service.

I.e. if you query for _http._tcp.example.com. it would be confusing and weird if you get a SIP-URI scheme back.

And if you get one you do not understand, throw it away.

It is similar to get a redirect in HTTP to a URI scheme you can not handle.

   paf