Re: I-D "Unwritten Rules and Values of the IETF" (Mentoring)

On 17/12/2015 06:34, Thiago Marinello wrote:

>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM,  <nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have just posted an I-D "Unwritten Rules and Values of the IETF".
>>
>> Initially I thought that the TAO of IETF has already addressed all
>> typical questions for a newcomer, but reading the draft I realized
>> that this idea is great. This kind of information will be very helpful
>> for new IETF participants.

>Which brings up a question I was meaning to ask anyway: once this is done,
>should we actually incorporate it in the Tao? (The Tao is a community
>document that happens to be maintained as a web page instead of an RFC,
>so we could certainly decide to do this.)

>Glancing at the Tao, it needs an update anyway (obsolete references etc.)

>> I suggest publish the final version of this document in other
>> languages (like Portuguese, Spanish and others) the same way did with
>> TAO. I'd like to help with this.

>Good idea.

Thanks, Brian & Thiago for your support!

Another thing that has come up is if people in different regions want to do presentations (PPTs) using this material either for outreach or for boot camps to get people started in IETF activities.   After we get consensus on a final document, then maybe we can create a PPT & have it translated for people to use in their regions.

Nalini