Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

On 14 December 2015 at 06:10,  <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

> Going to 50-bit addresses with ten bits per field?
> That makes no sense from a computing efficiency
> viewpoint, as those are not powers of 2.

Can you explain which operation becomes significantly more costly,
which you'd use here?

I keep hearing this power of two argument, bit I'm finding hard time
imagining efficient parser or lookup implementation which cares about
it.
--
  ++ytti