Re: Looking for Area Directors Under Lampposts

> While I am not sure if it’s directly about the IESG's power of
> decision, it is another view on what would be necessary to the reduce
> the work load on Area Directors.  A lot of the work load of the ADs is
> reviewing documents.  I think an important element of reducing their
> work load is having working groups to advance higher quality documents
> to the IESG.

it is not clear to me that reducing the workload is a primary goal.
document quality is.  some basic management skills, delegation and load
sharing, seem to reduce workload without negatively affecting document
quality.

all serious workers (in the ietf) are overloaded; that's life.  ADs are
serious workers, we hope.  what i hear them whining about is incoming
document quality from the wgs.  if we are going to micro-manage the iesg
as an olympic sport, perhaps we should focus on that.

randy