Re: IESG Area Structure and Last night's missing question

On 11/7/15 6:47 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Alia Atlas <akatlas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     > I'd like larger carrots for lots of things :-)   Partly, I think it
>     > is about providing public
>     > recognition and thanks - rather than needing a permanent tombstone.
>     > In a culture that depends in part on reputation, public appreciation
>     > can be useful.
>
> exactly... we need to have that in place to make being the document
> shepherd role more attractive.

I guarantee you that if you were to develop a list for document
shepherds you'd be inundated with requests from people whose
performance evaluations are based on things like being
document shepherds in the IETF.  There are already incentives in
place, but not ones provided by the IETF and perhaps not ones that are
best for producing relevant, high-quality technical specifications.

Melinda