Re: IESG Area Structure and Last night's missing question

On 06/11/2015 03:02, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
> So, I'm not an ART AD ...

and I'm not an AD of any kind...

> There was enough tension between the idea of a significantly smaller IESG
> and the idea of significant time commitment reduction for all AD positions
> that we couldn't make progress in either direction

There's a third apex to that triangle: the tension between trusting WG chairs
to take full responsibility and the IESG having final responsibility for
document quality.

I don't think we can make a major change to the IESG workload without tackling
that issue too. It's hard to say exactly what fraction of the IESG's time is
spent finding and fixing DISCUSS-worthy problems in drafts, but reducing that
fraction to zero would certainly have an impact.

   Brian