DMARC stuff

>Totally the wrong thread, so I'll apologize profusely now.

Subject line changed.

>GMail is set to turn on DMARC reject strict by sometime early next
>year [1] being one of the last big web mail providers to do so; so,
>Mailman "From:" rewriting (or turning on the ability for IETF list
>subscribers to toggle this for their sends) might need to be done for
>IETF lists.

Members of the DMARC group have submitted two drafts
draft-andersen-arc-00 and draft-jones-arc-usage-00 which describe a
mutation of DKIM intended to let mailing lists coexist with DMARC
without having to do ugly hacks like rewriting the From: line.  I have
reason to believe that several large mail systems intend to implement
this reasonably soon.

The obvious place to discuss this is the DMARC WG, not here.

R's,
John