Re: Summary of LC comments (so far) on RFC1984 to BCP

Hiya,

Thanks Robert. Good summary.

On 02/09/15 15:20, Robert Sparks wrote:

> Several people expressed concern that it was not clear why
> this change was proposed. The relevance of citing RFC20's
> status change was questioned. The discussion resulted in
> agreement to remove the mention of RFC20. The remaining
> text should focus clearly on the motivations for making the
> change. It was suggested to explicitly note in the
> status-change document that this is an exceptional action,
> but that it falls within the processes laid out by RFC2026.

In case folks go looking, I didn't yet make the change to
the status change document. I'll get that done Friday or
over the weekend and send a mail here when it's done. (And
specific text suggestions welcome offlist in the meantime.)

Cheers,
S.