Re: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

On 08/17/2015 09:06 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

>> Escrow is only useful against law-abiding people who
>> trust the government(s) in the first place.
>>
> It's that assertion that has been repeatedly proven false with all
> manner of other technology.

{{citation needed}} - in other debates, I've heard "proof" claimed for
all sorts of things; sometimes it's things I believe; sometimes it turns
out that the "proof" is itself hugely controversial.

You might have convincing examples, Eliot, but I can't think of any at
the moment, so I need your help to be reminded of them.