Re: Update Re: IETF Website Degradation

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> it's a bit worrying that the IETF site is blocked from some parts of
> the Internet, at least to me :(

I understand.

> how long will that last? and were
> these things that leaked around the cloudflare frontends?

It will last for an indeterminate period of time; however, I do intend to periodically attempt unblocking to see if attacks continue.  But given the public nature of the lists, I will not make a specific statement about timing here.  I will simply say tha we (AMS) will proactively manage this as we do all other such incidents, to ensure the maximum optimization of global access to the IETF for the world, balanced against the need to prevent disruptions from occurring.

> What's the impact to the blocked networks? (ie: "No access to
> www.ietf.org", "No access to http on www.ietf.org", "No https access
> to www.ietf.org", "other")

At present, "no access to www.ietf.org".

Glen