Re: Update Re: IETF Website Degradation

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Glen <glen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul -
>
> There certainly has been an effort to learn the "From where" (a total of
> seven different netblocks, all in China, which are now blocked)... but I

it's a bit worrying that the IETF site is blocked from some parts of
the Internet, at least to me :( how long will that last? and were
these things that leaked around the cloudflare frontends?

What's the impact to the blocked networks? (ie: "No access to
www.ietf.org", "No access to http on www.ietf.org", "No https access
to www.ietf.org", "other")

> confess that it is beyond my ability, armed with that, to figure out who was
> behind it, or what their motivations were (although I'm sure inferences
> could be drawn, but that' is way beyond my scope or vision!)

almost all 'dos' events are summarized by purpose: "because"
generally there's no real use in speculating about the 'why', and most
often the 'who' is also opaque to the end site...