Re: E-Mail Protocol Security Measurements

Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lots of servers support RC4, to interoperate with legacy peers,
> but in practice very rarely negotiate it.

Yes (with help from Viktor) my servers have a special cipher priority list
to ensure that they negotiate RC4 with old Windows 2003 Exchange servers.
I haven't checked recently if this is still necessary...

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2013-11/0121.html

> It has been rumoured that Yahoo's outboud systems prefer RC4, and
> unless servers impose their own cipher priority, mail from Yahoo
> uses RC4.

That's what it looks like to me.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
Bailey: Northeasterly 6 to gale 8 at first in northwest, otherwise cyclonic 4