Re: [Uta] E-Mail Protocol Security Measurements

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 06:41:10PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> It kinda bothers me that at times the entire Internet security policy is
> being driven solely by data from one particular MTA.

You don't have to read all my posts... :-)

Also, my perspective is not from "one particular MTA", rather it
is a perspective based on a decade and half of building usable SMTP
transport security, which is a diverse mixture of opportunistic
and mandatory TLS, and interacts in interesting ways with DNS.

The converse viewpoint is that for too long Internet security has
been too narrowly driven solely by HTTPS.  Perhaps it is time to
consider additional perspectives (though of course not only such
perspectives).

There is a large majority of folks in all the various WGs who are
not working on SMTP let alone Postfix.  I don't think there's a
serious risk of hyper-focus.

--
	Viktor.