Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-bradner-iaoc-terms-01

--On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 05:23 -0400 "Scott O. Bradner"
<sob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> those 3 people plus the ISOC appointed IAOC member can not be
> chair
>
> asking one of these does make sense - but I think that should
> not be in this "update BCP 101" document

Agree on the document.

> fwiw - Ray has been actually running the process for at least
> as long as I've been on the IAOC that does not mean that he
> should continue to do so, it is just a factoid

To be clear, while I think the optics are bad, as long as it is
Ray, I don't have a problem.  But I don't want to see anything
written into a spec that would have to be adjusted or undone if
Ray's successor had a different personality or set of skills.
So, again, saying nothing, or explicitly leaving it up to the
IAOC each time, seems appropriate to me.

    john