Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

On 7/15/15 10:16 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
>> I'm agreeing with Ted in that this application is insufficient.
>
> Whoa there, cowboy!   I didn't say it was insufficient.   I proposed
> changes to the text that I think would result in it better expressing
> what I think was intended.

I can see some explanatory text getting added, I think this coming week
will likely be useful for feedback.

> And also, please don't call it an application.   It is an internet
> draft, which has passed working group last call, and is in IETF last
> call.   An application would be something that would be handled by the
> IESG, through the instrumentality of the IANA.

yup, wg document, proposed standard, 4 week ietf LC and all that.

dnsop would absolutely not be undertaking any work on the tor protocol.
It was clearly the appropriate place to handle  the problem posed by
this draft however.