Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

Coherent text is hard ...

I believe the "surprised acknowledgments" phrase came up during a discussion of a case where someone put up a "look how many people (from how many companies, but that's another rathole) support our proposal", when upon investigation, at least some of the folks didn't actually support the proposal.

So, we weren't talking about acknowledgements in drafts at the time.

I'm happy to pull that phrase. So, at least a few members of the IESG agrees with that suggestion.

Spencer