Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

Brian,

I think your draft is helpful and I think Joel's text, possibly
(eventually) with a pointer to that draft addresses the issue.
My only concern is that the introduction of a comment about
acknowledgments as a parenthetical note, without further
qualification, in the draft IETF statement could unnecessarily
open a can of worms.  I'm mostly indifferent to whether the
problem is fixed by adding more words to this statement or by
removing the text and treating the acknowledgments question as a
separate topic, discussed and documented elsewhere (or some
combination of the two).

    john

--On Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:02 +1200 Brian E Carpenter