Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 03:10:04PM +0200, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Now the wording you mention below is offensive.  Acknowledgments are not
> for support and shouldn't be used that way.

I very strongly agree with this.  Moreover, I can think of at least
one historical case where someone listed in the Acknowledgements
insisted that his name be removed, even though he'd contributed a
great deal to the development of some document with which he ended up
disagreeing.  I thought that was unfortunate, but the social norm was
apparently not strong enough to counteract it.  We should encourage
acknowledgements of fierce critics.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx