Re: Proposed text for draft-farrresnickel-harassment-06

Hi.

I will note that many people have expressed concerns about whether the
current document is fair from the point of view of a potential
respondent..  That is another part of building a safe IETF.  If we're
afraid of process and don't have confidence that we'll be treated fairly
when people disagree with us, it can make it hard to participate in
comfort.

I think considering small changes that improve peoples's confidence in
the fairness of the process could be very valuable in helping listen to
these concerns.

The basic principle Nico seems to be going for here is that you get a
chance to respond before a remedy is imposed.

I agree that providing some mechanism for temporary removal may be
important.  I understand the desire to avoid being overly proscriptive.
However lots of folks have been expressing some unease in this area, and
Nico has outlined a simple and hopefully uncontraversial principle.  I
think codifying that is valuable.