Re: As if you don't have enough to read..

I¹ve heard the Order called a lot of things but an ³exciting read" is not
one of them.

Maybe War and Peace without the plot or character.  BTW is not the world
record.  There is one that is over 700 pages on Universal Service and
Intercarrier Compensation.

That said it is useful to point out that this ³thing² is a result of some
very peculiar aspects of US Communications Law and the unique way the US
courts have interpreted it. In the 10 years or so this has been debated
there actually was rough consensus on some general principals on how to
treat IP traffic and allow the regulator to intervene when someone did
something stupid.  The question was never should IP traffic be regulated
it was how, what was the scope and under what Authority to Act and could
that Authority be ³Legally Defensible².

That said some of us should have a lucrative side business writing Expert
Opinion Letters defining what is ³reasonable network management².

Philip makes a interesting point.  There is a strong line of argument
running around our DC swamplands that the original lawsuit challenging the
FCC 2010 Open Internet Order should never been filed. The original order
was not that bad and ISP should have just sucked it up, moved on and we
would not have the further endless litigation we are presented with.