Re: [IAB] Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

>> If that is something you want, this document is certainly not the
>> place to do it.  That's a protocol specification change, and this
>> document is not altering the DNS protocol in any way.
>>
>> Best regards,
>
> Well reflecting back the bit isn't permitted and requiring that
> such queries get answered are parts of the existing specification
> which are not being followed.  Requiring just these parts be correctly
> followed will make future deployment easier.

For what it is worth, I agree with Andrew that this document is
not a protocol specification, and these other things belong
elsewhere. And it seems you have a draft already, so…

Jari