Re: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv-03.txt> (TLS Fallback Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) for Preventing Protocol Downgrade Attacks) to Proposed Standard

Stephen Farrell wrote:

> I've looked back at the IETF LC for this and chatted with the
> TLS chairs and my conclusion is that we did end up with rough
> consensus for this so I've put it on the Feb 19 IESG telechat.
>
> I think Sean's shepherd writeup [1] did a fine job of capturing
> the LC outcome there so I won't try better that.

Has the IESG given up on "technical leadership", and into rubberstamping?

Improving the downgrade-scsv proposal to make it suck *MUCH* less
would be trivial, and this would be a prime candidate for the IESG
to bounce the current proposal back to the WG and ask them to FIX IT
or be gone.

-Martin