Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom

On 10/01/2015 07:17, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Eric Burger <eburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     > Here is a hypothetical that gives the answer. The nomcom has got
>     > feedback that nominee X has been consistently obstructive in resolving
>     > disputes and is always unwilling to compromise. Nomcom doesn't know
>     > whether this is valid. Should <change>nomcom ask people in the
>     > community</change> to comment?
>
>     > My answer is Yes. As the liaison is part of the community, there is no
>     > reason not to ask the liaison to comment,
>
> And my experience is that the liason often does go to the datatracker, outside of the
> call, and provides the same kind of feedback as anyone else.

I would hope so. I think the problem area is more where the Nomcom
is trying to understand details of group interaction when a possibly
unfair negative comment has been made. If that is not something where
we expect the liaisons to be a source of input, that probably needs to
be made clear. As I said, currently the only prohibition on liaisons
is the one sentence about not voting on candidates. If there are to
be other restrictions, they should be written down IMHO.

   Brian