Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-06.txt> (Draft Response to the Internet Coordination Group Request for Proposals on the IANA protocol parameters registries) to Informational RFC

>>> to change, all of which is fine.  But it doesn't say other than sort
>>> of implicitly in #3 on page 13 that the IETF needs a binding agreement
>>> with the IANA operator that has protections for the IETF community
>>> that are substantially the same as those in the MOU in RFC 2860.  It
>>> really needs to say that explicitly.
>>
>> This was debated substantially in the working group.
>
>That is the main thing to observe. The topic has gotten a lot of attention during WG discussion,
>and a particular outcome emerged, and I believe the draft reflects that.

It sounds like we want the same thing here, but when I read the draft,
I don't see it actually saying that if there's a new IANA operator, we
need a new equally good contract.  That seems to me to be worth making
explicit.

R's,
John