Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

Hi Joe,

On 11/18/14, 6:21 PM, Joseph Lorenzo Hall wrote:

> (Incidentally, if something outside the browser inserts this header it
> may be very difficult for the user to actually turn off, as well. I'm
> not sure if that's something you've thought about. In DNT, there are
> applications you can install that will insert that header for you on
> each request (AVG does this).)

If that is detected (and it is easily detected by comparing against a
TLS request), the content provider is not likely to make use of the safe
bit.  In fact the content provider is in a good position to warn the
user that this sort of thing is going on.

Eliot