Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-15.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format) to Proposed Standard

On Oct 24, 2014, at 7:03 PM, Edward Lewis <edward.lewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as HTML in email, I just don’t care anymore. ;)
>
> If by “public information” you mean information that anyone can access,
> then an anonymous user is explicitly permitted to be sent it.  If by
> “anonymous” you mean a user without a proven identity, then any
> information deemed consumable by the general public is explicitly
> permitted to be sent.

It’s the word “explicitly” which is confusing me. How is it “explicit” that they are permitted access to the information? Are you assuming a specific authorization scheme or security service? Are you assuming/imposing some sort of public notification?

> Just being pedantic.
>
> Perhaps the second sentence is redundant, but I do see a difference (which
> may be moot) in placing restrictions on what is sent vs. what can be
> received.

I agree. There is a difference and that the sentence is redundant. As it stands I find it adds more confusion and does not really add a useful benefit.

-andy