Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-15.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format) to Proposed Standard

I missed this due to all the HTML in the email...

>>How about this?
>>
>>OLD:
>>"Implementers need to consider the policy and privacy implications of
>>returning information that was not explicitly requested."
>>
>>NEW:
>>"Implementers need to consider the policy and privacy implications of
>>returning information that was not explicitly requested. Clients should
>>only receive information that they are explicitly authorized to receive."
>
>AlmostŠ²Servers should only send information that clients are explicitly
>authorized to receive.²
>
>The way it is worded is impossible to "enforce."

How does this work with anonymous access to public information, which is
how this information is served today? How do I ³explicitly" authorize an
anonymous user? I think the old text above is good enough and find the
next text (both versions) to be confusing.

-andy