From: barryleiba@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:barryleiba@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barry Leiba
Sent: 23 October, 2014 4:52 PM
To: Roni Even
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx; draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis.all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; gen-art@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis

Thanks for the review, Roni.

Section 2.3 discusses the issue of defining appropriate registration policy. I was wondering about consistency between the policies of similar registries, is it important and how to verify it. For example the policy for http://www.iana.org/assignments/sdp-security-descriptions/sdp-security-descriptions.xhtml#sdp-security-descriptions-3 is standard action and for http://www.iana.org/assignments/srtp-protection/srtp-protection.xhtml#srtp-protection-1 is specification required. I think that such cases should be discussed when defining the registration policy.

The policies do, indeed, need to be thought out when the documents are developed, and I think 5226bis is clear about that.  But those decisions have to be made by those developing the documents, and I don't know what more we can say here about it, beyond what's here.

Do you have any specific suggestions?

Barry